In March 2021, the WTO released the first ever World Hearing Report. The report shows that at present, 1/5 of the world's people are hearing impaired, that is, hearing loss affects more than 1.5 billion people worldwide. Among the 1.5 billion people suffering from hearing loss, the number of children with hearing loss has reached 34 million! Therefore, children can improve their hearing by wearing hearing aids, and the type of hearing aids children wear is usually ear back hearing aids. Considering that the ear canal of children is still in the stage of growth and development, the wearing of the ear mold of the hearing aid for children is also a crucial link during this period. If children are wearing the ear mold for the first time, what problems should they pay attention to?
1. Some children will reject or cry when they wear the ear mold of the hearing aid for the first time. At this time, do not rush to connect the ear mold with the hearing aid, but wear the ear mold separately to reduce discomfort or fear. In addition, they can use toys to distract their attention, or let them see how other children wear ear molds of hearing aids. Remember not to force them to wear ear molds.
2. Children's ear molds can be divided into soft ear molds and hard eardrums. At the beginning of wearing the soft ear molds, because the friction of the soft ear molds is large, you can apply a little baby lotion on the ear molds.
3. Keep the ear mold clean and dry. Wipe the ear mold with dry and soft cloth every day, remove the foreign matters in the sound hole, and store them in the drying box; Wash with soap once a week to remove oil dirt.
4. Replace the ear mold of the hearing aid on a regular basis or when cracks or howling occur. Children aged 0-3 should be replaced every 2-3 months, children aged 3-5 should be replaced every 3-6 months, and children aged over 5 should be replaced every 6-12 months.
5. The ear skin of children is thin and delicate, and the skin will be red and swollen when wearing ear mold. In case of pain, targeted Dharma and redoing should be carried out.